Coffee Filter Leaf Suncatchers
Supplies You'll Need:
Markers (we recommend Scentos classic markers!)
Flat White Coffee Filters
1 Sheet of Aluminum Foil, or a stain-proof coloring surface
1. Lay your coffee filter flat on a work surface covered with scrap paper or a plastic table cover.
2. Draw a leaf shape on your flat filter. Find a real leaf in nature - oak, maple, or something else! - as a tracing guide.
3. Using kids scissors or an adult's help, cut out your leaf along your outline.
4. Color in your leaf with markers - have fun with colors, making big shapes, lines, or spots! Fill in as much as you want.
5. When you're done coloring, drip a little water on the leaf with a paintbrush or your fingers. Using a paper towel, dab until the colors run together.
6. Place your leaves on a sheet of aluminum foil to dry! Let them dry at least a few hours.
7. Use tape to hang your leaves in a sunny window, and make more to create a fall scene!
Share your crafts with us at #CraftSugarRush or #ScentosCrafts!